- Qualifications. In addition to the Qualifications of Membership
above, the Chairman must not at the same time be both Chairman
and one of the six members.
- The Chairman shall be nominated at an Annual Meeting by the
Committee, and shall serve for a term of two years with eligibility for
reappointment by the Committee. The appointment of the Chairman
shall be automatically approved by the President of the Texas
Ornithological Society unless the candidate of the Committee is found
by the President of TOS to not be a TOS member in good standing.
- Call and preside at Committee meetings.
- Appoint chairmen of subcommittees.
- Assure that the current Bylaws are properly applied.
- Vote on bird records (see Voting) and in all elections.
- Direct and assist the Secretary in the carrying out of his duties.
- If the Secretary shall be unable to serve, or unable to attend any
meeting, the Chairman shall act as Secretary in all respects.
- Furnish contributors or other interested parties with information
regarding Committee comments and reasons for Committee decisions
on any specific accepted or rejected record. The Chairman, upon
receipt of such a request, will appoint a Member to draft a detailed
response to the person(s) making the request.
- Make available all information, including Committee comments on
any record, to interested parties in person at Texas A&M University.
REMOVALS. The Committee may remove, for cause, Voting
Members who are delinquent in their duties. Such action requires a
vote of the majority of all other Voting Members, not merely a quorum.
A removal must be accomplished at a meeting of the Committee;
absent Voting Members may vote by written ballot to the Committee.
VACANCIES AND SPECIAL ELECTIONS. If the Committee loses
a Member during mid-term (through death, resignation, removal, etc.),
the Secretary shall immediately conduct an election, termed a Special
Election, for the purpose of filling the vacancy. A Special Election may
be conducted at a meeting or by individual contact with the Voting
Members by mail. The manner of nomination and election shall be
similar, with appropriate exceptions if by mail, to the regular selection
of a Member in III. C. (1) above. The person elected shall serve the
unexpired term of the person being replaced.